Friday, January 31, 2014

When Cavalry and Submarines Collide (Part 1)

The Western Front Association, Pacific Coast Branch's annual general meeting and conference is scheduled for the Bay Street Armoury in Victoria. It will run from March 7th to 9th this year. President Peter Broznisky will welcome attendees to the festivities which will include speakers, a mess dinner, and a welcome on the evening of the 7th. Details can be found here.
I first joined the WFA because of my interest in WW I's Canadian Cavalry Brigade, which resulted in my first novel, Soldier of the Horse. Since that book was published, I have been working on my second, which is set in a Cold War Canadian submarine. The research for the submarine novel has included WW I material, and at this year's WFA conference I will be presenting on "British Submarine Operations in the Great War". So this "collision" between horsemen and boats will not involve flying shells and ricocheting bullets.
But--stay tuned for Part 2.

1 comment:

The Cooking Ladies said...

Looking forward to Part 2. :D

Post a Comment